Taste good, healthy and quick side dish; what more could you ask.
Brown Rice with Peas
Prep: 5 minutes; Cook: 10 minutes. Make nutty-tasting brown rice a staple in your kitchen--it has twice the fiber of white rice.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 3/4 cup)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 130
- Calories from fat: 17%
- Fat: 2.4g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 4.6g
- Carbohydrate: 22.3g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Cholesterol: 4mg
- Iron: 0.8mg
- Sodium: 161mg
- Calcium: 32mg
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1 cup instant brown rice (such as Uncle Ben's)
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 1 1/2 tablespoons preshredded fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine water and rice in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until water is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Stir in green peas and remaining ingredients.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables