Brown Rice With Feta, Pistachios, and Mint
If you're not a fan of brown rice, try our long-grain variation.
Yield: Makes 8 servings
More From Southern Living
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups uncooked quick-cooking brown rice
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add shallots, and sauté 1 minute. Stir in salt and 3 1/4 cups water; bring to a boil. Stir in brown rice; cover, reduce heat to low, and cook 10 minutes or until water is absorbed and rice is tender. Stir in feta cheese and next 4 ingredients.
- Note: We tested with Uncle Ben's Whole Grain Fast & Natural Instant Brown Rice.
- Long-Grain Rice With Feta, Pistachios, and Mint: Substitute 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice for 2 cups quick-cooking brown rice. Reduce water to 2 cups. Cook, covered, 20 minutes or until water is absorbed and rice is tender. Prep: 15 min., Cook: 25 min.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables