Brown Rice with Chicken and Broccoli
Community Recipe from
- 3 cup(s) vegetable broth
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) onion powder
- 8 ounce(s) boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 1 cup(s) long grain brown rice
- 3 cup(s) broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoon(s) chopped thyme
- Bring 1/2 cup water to a simmer in a large high-sided skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook about 6 minutes or until tender. Stir in chicken, rice and broth. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 30 minutes. Add broccoli and continue to cook about 15 minutes or until broccoli and rice are tender and all liquid is absorbed. Remove covered pot from heat and let sit 5 minutes; uncover and fluff with a fork. Stir in thyme and pine nuts and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Vixxenesque and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Brown Rice with Chicken and Broccoli Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables