Simple to prepare and simply delicious; a good side dish to go with any Asian style meal.
Brown Rice with Sesame
Lime adds a pleasant splash of tartness to this quick side dish of Brown Rice with Sesame.
This recipe goes with Spicy Basil Chicken
More From Cooking Light
Total: 18 Minutes
- Calories: 187
- Fat: 2.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 4.4g
- Carbohydrate: 36.7g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 153mg
- Calcium: 39mg
- 1 cup uncooked instant brown rice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1. Cook rice according to package directions, omitting fat. Stir in juice and salt. Sprinkle with seeds.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables