We loved this! I used more pecans, but other than that followed the recipe exactly. Delicious!
Brown Rice Pilaf with Pecans
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 162
- Fat: 7.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Sodium: 160mg
- 1 (8.8-ounce) package precooked whole-grain brown rice blend (such as Uncle Ben's)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 thinly sliced leek (white and light green parts only)
- 2 cups sliced shiitake mushroom caps
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons chopped toasted pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat whole-grain brown rice blend according to the package directions. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add sliced leek and sliced shiitake mushroom caps, and sauté for 4 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add water, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Stir in cooked rice, chopped toasted pecans, salt, and freshly ground black pepper.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note