Brown Rice Pasta, Asparagus, and Eggs
Look for bright green or violet-tinged asparagus spears with firm stems and closed, compact tips. When the bunch is squeezed, it should squeak. Recipe by Kay Chun, May 2004; from the Real Simple website: http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/brown-rice-pasta-asparagus-eggs-00000000045807/index.html.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 8 ounce(s) brown rice spaghetti
- 1 pound(s) asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 15-ounce can(s) chickpeas, rinsed
- 1/4 cup(s) grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1. Cook the pasta according to the package directions, adding the asparagus for the last 3 minutes of cooking time. Drain and return both to the pot.
- 2. Meanwhile, heat the butter in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the eggs and scramble until set, 3 to 4 minutes.
- 3. Add the eggs to the pasta along with the chickpeas, Parmesan, parsley, oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and toss to combine.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note