Brown Rice and Carrots
Be sure to try the avocado variation—whole grains mixed with avocado's good-for-you fat and the antioxidants found in carrots provide a one-dish dinner full of nutrients. We do not recommend freezing or reheating avocado, so stir it in just before serving.
- 3/4 cup uncooked long-grain brown rice
- 3 large carrots, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices (about 3/4 pound)
- 1. Prepare rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- 2. Place carrot in a vegetable steamer. Steam, covered, 15 minutes or until very tender. Remove carrot from steamer, reserving cooking liquid.
- 3. Place carrot in a food processor, and process 30 seconds. Add rice, and process until desired consistency, adding cooking liquid, 1 tablespoon at a time, if needed.
- Brown Rice with Carrots and Mashed Avocado variation: Stir 2 to 3 tablespoons of mashed avocado into the brown riceandcarrot mixture just before serving it.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This