Brown Rice Bowl With Turkey
Brown Rice Bowl With Turkey is a delicious dinner that makes it a cinch to eat a nutritious meal during the week. This one-dish meal serves up about one-fourth of your daily requirement of vitamin B6--which is crucial for a healthy immune system. It's also super lean and very low in sugar.
More From Health
Total: 1 Hour, 5 Minutes
- Calories: 486
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 42g
- Carbohydrate: 57g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 94mg
- Iron: 4mg
- Sodium: 528mg
- Calcium: 81mg
- 1 1/3 cups dry short-grain brown rice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1 (2-pound) bone-in turkey breast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°.
- 2. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine rice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 2 cups broth, and 1 cup water; cover and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook, covered, until rice is tender (about 45 minutes).
- 3. Meanwhile, line a baking sheet with foil. Place turkey on sheet and coat with oil. Season with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and brush with 1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce. Roast, turning halfway through, until turkey is cooked and a meat thermometer inserted in the center reads 165° (50-55 minutes). Remove from oven and transfer turkey to a cutting board. Tent with foil and let rest (about 5 minutes).
- 4. Stir spinach, scallions, and remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce into rice with remaining 1 cup warmed broth. Thinly slice turkey. Divide rice and sliced turkey among 4 bowls; drizzle each with sesame oil and sprinkle with sesame seeds, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note