Whether you have a chocolate lab or a lovable “mixed breed” brown dog, these chocolate cupcakes are sure to delight. Make Chocolate Frosted Cupcakes and Quick Chocolate Buttercream or use a cake mix and canned frosting to get the number of cupcakes you need. See How to Make Brown Dog Cupcakes for step-by-step instructions and photos.
MyRecipes NOVEMBER 2013
1. Add a thin layer of chocolate frosting to the top of the whole cupcake.
2. Add one dollop of chocolate frosting on lower third of top of cupcake. Place doughnut hole on dollop, allowing the dollop of frosting to hold doughnut hole in place.
3. Using a small spatula, frost the doughnut hole with chocolate frosting so that it blends with cupcake.
4. Place the chocolate cookie crumbs in a bowl. Invert cupcake into the crumbs and roll to cover. This can also be done by cupping your hand and using it as the bowl.
5. Fit a small piping bag with a a #2 or 3 tip. Fill with vanilla frosting and pipe small circles for eyes. Place a small chocolate candy or sugar pearl in the center of each disk for eyes and one small chocolate candy on top of the frosted doughnut hole for the nose.
6. Fill a small piping bag with dark chocolate frosting. Use a #2 or 3 tip to outline nose and muzzle.
7. Press or roll out chewy chocolate candy or caramel into a ¾-inch leaf shape to make 2 ears. Place one ear at “10 o’clock” and the other at “2 o’clock”.
8. Cut a small piece of fruit roll for tongue, and insert below nose.
For the basic frosting on top of each cupcake, you’ll only need enough to lightly coat the top of each cupcake, about ¼ cup frosting per cupcake. Too much frosting on the cupcake will make it harder to decorate into the puppy face.
Go to Full Version of