Brown Chicken Stock
Community Recipe from
- 4 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 7 pound(s) chicken wings, back and bones
- 6 carrots coarsely chopped
- 4 onions coarsely chopped
- 8 celery ribs coarsely chopped
- 4 tablespoon(s) tomato paste
- 2 tablespoon(s) black peppercorns
- 2 bunch(es) parsley stems
- In a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan, heat the oil over high heat until smiking. Add all the chicken parts and brown all over, stirring to avoid burning. Remove the chicken and reserve. Add the carrots, onions, and celery to the pot and cook until soft and browned. Return the chicken to the pot and add 6 quarts of water, the tomato paste, peppercorns and parsley. Stir with a wooden spoon to dislodge the browned chicken and vegetables bits from the bottom of the pan. Bring almost to a boil, then reduce heat and cook at a low simmer until reduced by half, about 2 hours. occasionally skimming the excess fat. Remove from heat, strain, and press on the solids with the bottom of a ladle to extract out all liquids. Stir the stock to facilitate cooling and set aside. Refrigerate stock in small containers for up to a week or freeze for up to a month.
- Yield: 3 quarts
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Marty1007 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Brown Chicken Stock Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews