Brown Butter Sauce
Community Recipe from
- 1/2 cup(s) salted butter
- 6 ear(s) torns of leaves of sage
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh basil leaves alternative to sage
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) balck pepper freshly ground
- 1 pinch(s) nutmeg freshely grated
- 1/3 cup(s) parmesan cheese freshely grated
- In a large frying pan, melt the butter over medium-high heat until pale golden, about 4 minutes. Add the sage or basil leaves and cook until crisp, about 2 minutes. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon of salt , 1/4 teaspoon of pepper, and the nutmeg. Season the sauce with more salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese, and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by RandyHood and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Brown Butter Sauce Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Sauces/Condiments
More Recipes for Main Dishes