Thanks Kit for researching and moving forward! I do show the directions for the browned butter but I would never have seen them. Directions normally are after the ingredients especially if the item says see note: (like footnotes). So......... does anyone know if they are good? Cardamon? That's a new one! Happy 4th!
Brown Butter Sandies
Notes: To brown the butter, cook in an 8- to 10-inch frying pan over medium heat until lightly browned, 5 to 10 minutes. Pour into a bowl and let cool to room temperature. You can store these cookies airtight for up to 5 days.
More From Sunset
1 Hour, 30 Minutes
- Calories: 78
- Calories from fat: 55%
- Protein: 0.7g
- Fat: 4.8g
- Saturated fat: 2.9g
- Carbohydrate: 8.1g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Sodium: 55mg
- Cholesterol: 18mg
- 1 cup (1/2 lb.) browned butter, cooled (see notes)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1. In a bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter and sugar until very smooth. Beat in egg yolk until well blended, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
- 2. In another bowl, mix flour, cardamom, and baking soda. Stir or beat into butter mixture until well blended.
- 3. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 1 inch apart on buttered or cooking parchment-lined 12- by 15-inch baking sheets.
- 4. Bake cookies in a 325° oven until golden brown on the bottom, 16 to 18 minutes; if baking more than one pan at a time, switch pan positions halfway through baking. Using a wide spatula, transfer the cookies to racks to cool completely.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per cookie.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note