Brown Butter Green Beans
Browning butter is a French technique that gives butter a rich and nutty flavor. We've simplified this process by preparing it in the microwave.
More From Southern Living
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 small sweet onion, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1. Microwave butter in a 2-cup glass measuring cup at HIGH 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until butter is brown. Remove from microwave, and immediately add minced garlic.
- 2. Place green beans, onion, and 3 Tbsp. water in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap, folding back a small edge to allow steam to escape.
- 3. Microwave at HIGH 4 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender; drain. Toss together hot beans and sliced onion, brown butter mixture, and salt; sprinkle with cracked pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note