Love this! Even my husband who is not a fan of vegetarian dishes loves it.
Brown Butter Gnocchi with Spinach and Pine Nuts
Pair pasta-like potato gnocchi with wilted spinach for a light and flavorful dish in minutes.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 289
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 10.8g
- Saturated fat: 5.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Protein: 9.5g
- Carbohydrate: 40.3g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Iron: 2.2mg
- Sodium: 877mg
- Calcium: 164mg
- 1 (16-ounce) package vacuum-packed gnocchi (such as Vigo)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10-ounce) package fresh spinach, torn
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook gnocchi according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain.
- 2. Heat butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add pine nuts to pan; cook 3 minutes or until butter and nuts are lightly browned, stirring constantly. Add garlic to pan; cook 1 minute. Add gnocchi and spinach to pan; cook 1 minute or until spinach wilts, stirring constantly. Stir in salt and pepper. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Prepare a quick salad to accompany the gnocchi: Combine 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, 1 teaspoon brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a large bowl; stir with a whisk. Add 6 cups gourmet salad mix to bowl; toss gently to coat. Sauvignon blanc will pair enticingly with this dish.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This