More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 272
- Calories from fat: 22%
- Protein: 7.5g
- Fat: 6.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Carbohydrate: 45g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Sodium: 660mg
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- 2 loaves (1 lb. each) frozen bread dough, thawed to room temperature
- 2 tablespoons black sesame or poppy seed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- 1. On a lightly floured board, pat or roll each loaf of dough into a 5- by 10-inch rectangle. With a floured knife, cut each rectangle lengthwise into 5 equal strips. From 1 end of each strip, with floured knife, make lengthwise cuts 1/4 inch apart, 1/3 of the length of the strip.
- 2. Twist uncut portion of each strip 3 to 5 times to make broom handle. Gently lift and transfer breadsticks to an oiled 12- by 15-inch baking sheet, laying them lengthwise and about 2 inches apart. Slightly separate the "straws" at the end of each stick, and twist and pull handles several more times to make each broom about 15 inches long.
- 3. Mix sesame seed and salt. Brush breadsticks with milk. Sprinkle lightly with seed mixture.
- 4. Bake in a 400° oven until well browned, 12 to 18 minutes. Transfer to racks to cool. Serve warm or cool.
- Nutritional analysis per breadstick.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This