Broiled Tomato Sandwich
Community Recipe from
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) balsamic vinegar
- 4 ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 3 tablespoon(s) mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 3 tablespoon(s) grated Parmesan cheese divided
- 4 slice(s) bread, lightly toasted
- 1. Preheat oven to broil. Put backing rack on second highest level.
- 2. In a shallow bowl, whisk together the olive oil and vinegar. Marinate the tomatoes in the mixture, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, parsley, oregano, black pepper and 4 teaspoons Parmesan cheese.
- 4. Spread mixture on each slice of toasted bread, making sure to go all the way to the edge so the bread doesn't burn.
- 5. Place marinated tomatoes on 2 slices and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- 6. Place on a baking sheet and broil for 5 minutes, or until cheese turns golden brown.
- Serve immediately, open faced or closed.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by vermit and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Broiled Tomato Sandwich Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Sandwiches
More Recipes for Main Dishes