Great recipe! The only changes I made were to use regular coconut milk and I subbed fish sauce for the soy sauce. The presentation was beautiful, and I wouldn't hesitate to serve to guests.
Broiled Tilapia with Thai Coconut-Curry Sauce
Tilapias's mild flavor allows the bold flavors of the coconut and curry to shine. Serve this dish with rice, which will absorb the brothy sauce.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 506
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 17.1g
- Saturated fat: 5.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Protein: 29g
- Carbohydrate: 56.6g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Cholesterol: 82mg
- Iron: 2.7mg
- Sodium: 616mg
- Calcium: 47mg
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons red curry paste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 (14-ounce) can light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 (6-ounce) tilapia fillets
- Cooking spray
- 3 cups hot cooked basmati rice
- 4 lime wedges
- Preheat broiler.
- Heat 1/2 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add ginger and garlic; cook 1 minute. Add pepper and onions; cook 1 minute. Stir in curry powder, curry paste, and cumin; cook 1 minute. Add soy sauce, sugar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and coconut milk; bring to a simmer (do not boil). Remove from heat; stir in cilantro.
- Brush fish with 1/2 teaspoon oil; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Place fish on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Broil 7 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Serve fish with sauce, rice, and lime wedges.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This