This is an outstanding recipe!! I didn't have bell pepper so I omitted and I used regular onion instead of green and this recipe is amazing!! I'm thinking I would even use this sauce in another recipe with lamb or chicken. Thanks cooking light!
Broiled Tilapia with Thai Coconut-Curry Sauce
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 506
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 17.1g
- Saturated fat: 5.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Protein: 29g
- Carbohydrate: 56.6g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Cholesterol: 82mg
- Iron: 2.7mg
- Sodium: 616mg
- Calcium: 47mg
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons red curry paste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 (14-ounce) can light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 (6-ounce) tilapia fillets
- Cooking spray
- 3 cups hot cooked basmati rice
- 4 lime wedges
- Preheat broiler.
- Heat 1/2 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add ginger and garlic; cook 1 minute. Add pepper and onions; cook 1 minute. Stir in curry powder, curry paste, and cumin; cook 1 minute. Add soy sauce, sugar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and coconut milk; bring to a simmer (do not boil). Remove from heat; stir in cilantro.
- Brush fish with 1/2 teaspoon oil; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Place fish on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Broil 7 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Serve fish with sauce, rice, and lime wedges.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This