Not the prettiest dish (at least the fish), but it was quick and delicious. My kids loved the tilapia.
Broiled Tilapia with Frisée-Apple Salad and Mustard-Parsley Sauce
Photo: Marcus Nilsson; Styling: Victoria Granof
Because it's sustainably farm-raised and widely available, tilapia is a great option. And since it doesn't have an assertive flavor, it pairs well with a variety of ingredients.
Yield: 6 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 294
- Fat: 11.5g
- Saturated fat: 2.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Protein: 35.4g
- Carbohydrate: 15.2g
- Fiber: 4.1g
- Cholesterol: 75mg
- Iron: 2.9mg
- Sodium: 676mg
- Calcium: 90mg
- 1 cup cold water
- 4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 6 (6-ounce) tilapia fillets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 8 cups arugula
- 6 cups trimmed frisée
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 2 Gala apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1. Combine 1 cup water, 1 tablespoon salt, and sugar in a shallow dish. Add fillets, and let stand 15 minutes. Remove fillets from brine; pat dry. Discard brine. Brush fillets with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- 2. Preheat broiler.
- 3. Place fillets on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray; broil 7 minutes or until desired degree of doneness.
- 4. Combine arugula, frisée, and mint in a large bowl. Combine apple and 1 tablespoon oil; toss well. Add apple and 1/4 teaspoon salt to arugula mixture, and toss gently.
- 5. Combine remaining 1 tablespoon oil, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, parsley, and remaining ingredients, stirring with a whisk until blended. Divide arugula mixture evenly among 6 plates; top each serving with 1 fillet. Drizzle about 1 tablespoon sour cream mixture over each serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note