I wasn't sure what to expect, but was very satisfied. The sauce was delicious and would go well on other types of meat as well. Easy to make.
Broiled Tenderloin Steaks with Ginger-Hoisin Glaze
Photo: Quentin Bacon; Styling: Philippa Brathwaite
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 194
- Fat: 7.8g
- Saturated fat: 2.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 24.5g
- Carbohydrate: 4.9g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 67mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 278mg
- Calcium: 16mg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon chili garlic sauce (such as Lee Kum Kee) or crushed red pepper
- 4 (4-ounce) beef tenderloin steaks, trimmed (1 inch thick)
- Cooking spray
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. Preheat broiler to high.
- 2. Combine hoisin sauce, ginger, honey, soy sauce, and chili garlic sauce in a small bowl; stir with a whisk.
- 3. Place the steaks on a foil-lined broiler pan coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with salt. Broil steaks 5 inches from heat for 2 minutes, and turn over. Broil 2 minutes; turn steaks over. Brush steaks with half of hoisin mixture; broil for 1 minute. Turn steaks over, and brush with remaining hoisin mixture; broil 2 minutes or until desired degree of doneness.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This