Broiled Tandoori Chicken
Traditional tandoori dishes get their name from being cooked in a tandoori oven. Used throughout India, a tandoori oven is made of clay and brick and withstands extremely high temperatures.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 skewer)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 149
- Fat: 2.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 28g
- Carbohydrate: 3.3g
- Cholesterol: 68mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 95mg
- Calories from fat: 13%
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Calcium: 71mg
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) carton plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Cooking spray
- Combine first 9 ingredients in a bowl. Stir in chicken; cover and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes.
- Preheat broiler.
- Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade. Thread chicken evenly onto 4 (8-inch) skewers.
- Place chicken on rack of broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 6 minutes; turn skewers, and broil 6 minutes or until done.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note