Broiled Sole with Shrimp Creole Sauce
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 cups diced onion
- 1 1/2 cups diced celery
- 1 1/2 cups sliced green onions (about 1 bunch)
- 1 1/2 cups diced green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 pound small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 (6-ounce) sole or flounder fillets
- 1 tablespoon seafood seasoning
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (optional)
- Heat 1/4 cup olive oil in a large saucepan. Sauté onion and celery in oil 5 minutes. Add green onions and bell pepper; sauté 5 minutes. Add garlic and next 7 ingredients; sauté 3 minutes. Stir in bay leaves and next 3 ingredients. Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 1 hour.
- Add shrimp. Cover and cook 6 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Remove bay leaves. Set aside, keeping warm.
- Place fish fillets in a lightly greased roasting pan. Stir together remaining 1/4 cup oil and seafood seasoning in a small bowl. Brush fish with seasoning mixture. Pour wine over fish, if desired.
- Broil 3 inches from heat 5 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork. Spoon Shrimp Creole Sauce evenly onto 6 plates, and place fish on top.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes