Broiled Sirloin with Smoky Bacon Mushrooms
Using precooked bacon and presliced mushrooms gets this gourmet fare to the table fast.
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 5 Minutes
- 4 fully cooked hickory smoked bacon slices
- 1 medium onion, cut vertically into thin slices
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (8-oz.) packages sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 3/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (1-lb.) sirloin steaks (1 1/4
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Reheat bacon according to package directions until crisp; coarsely crumble. Sauté onion in butter in a large skillet over medium heat 5 minutes until beginning to brown. Stir in garlic, mushrooms, and 3/4 tsp. salt. Sauté 10 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and liquid evaporates. Stir in bacon, parsley, and 1/8 tsp. pepper.
- While mushrooms cook, sprinkle both sides of steaks with remaining 1 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper.
- Broil 5 1/2" from heat 7 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Cut steaks into thin slices; arrange on a serving platter, and top with mushrooms.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note