A fairly easy dish to make. The aroma permeates through out the home when it is cooking, gets all the folks in the house salivating, I personally don't like tomatoes but this recipe has won me over. it has a bitter but sweet flavor that dances on your taste buds. You are done in less than 25 minutes (preparation and all).It comes highly recommended and is truly magnifique!
Broiled Shrimp and Scallops
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Linda Hirst
More From Coastal Living
- 1/4 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- Pinch of dried crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound large peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 pound sea scallops (slice in half if more than 1 inch thick)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 5 ounces baby spinach leaves
- French bread
- 1. Preheat broiler with oven rack 6 inches away from element. Place butter in a large roasting pan, and place pan in oven just until butter melts.
- 2. Remove pan from oven, and stir in wine and next 6 ingredients. Add shrimp, scallops, and tomatoes, tossing to coat.
- 3. Return pan to oven, and broil 3 minutes. Stir shrimp and turn scallops; broil 2 more minutes. Remove pan from oven, and add spinach, tossing about 1 minute or until slightly wilted. Serve with French bread.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes