Broiled Salmon With Orzo
Prep: 5 minutes; Cook: 10 minutes. You'll need 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil for the orzo.
Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 fillet and about 2/3 cup orzo)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 347
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 4g
- Protein: 32g
- Carbohydrate: 28g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 72mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 360mg
- Calcium: 34mg
- 4 ounces uncooked orzo (rice-shaped pasta)
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 4 (4-ounce) skinless salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat Italian salad dressing
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced (about 1/4 cup), divided
- 1. Preheat broiler.
- 2. Cook orzo in a medium saucepan according to package directions, omitting salt and stirring in peas after 7 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, place salmon on a foil-lined baking sheet and season with salt, to taste. Spread the salad dressing evenly over the salmon. Broil 4 inches from heat source 6–8 minutes or until opaque in center. Sprinkle half of the scallions over the salmon.
- 4. Drain orzo and peas; return to same saucepan. Stir in oil and remaining scallions, and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, both to taste; serve with salmon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note