Broiled Salmon with Corn Relish
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 536
- Calories from fat: 22%
- Protein: 37g
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 2.5g
- Carbohydrate: 65g
- Fiber: 8.2g
- Sodium: 139mg
- Cholesterol: 67mg
- 1 cup polenta
- 3 1/2 cups fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 1 pound boned salmon fillet with skin (maximum 1 in. thick)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 jar (2 oz.) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1. In a 5- to 6-quart pan, combine polenta and broth. Stir over high heat until mixture boils, then reduce heat and simmer, stirring often, until polenta is smooth to taste, about 15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, rinse fish and pat dry; cut into 4 equal pieces. Sprinkle lightly all over with salt and pepper. Lay salmon skin side up in a lightly oiled 10- by 15-inch pan.
- 3. Broil about 4 inches from heat for 4 minutes. With a wide spatula, turn salmon over and broil until fish is opaque but still moist-looking in center of thickest part (cut to test), 3 to 4 minutes longer.
- 4. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix corn, pimientos, onion, lime juice, and mint.
- 5. Spoon polenta equally onto plates. Add a piece of salmon to each and garnish with corn relish. Add more salt and pepper to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note