Broiled Salmon with Corn Relish
Notes: Serve with sliced tomatoes lightly dressed with balsamic vinegar.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 536
- Calories from fat: 22%
- Protein: 37g
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 2.5g
- Carbohydrate: 65g
- Fiber: 8.2g
- Sodium: 139mg
- Cholesterol: 67mg
- 1 cup polenta
- 3 1/2 cups fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 1 pound boned salmon fillet with skin (maximum 1 in. thick)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 jar (2 oz.) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1. In a 5- to 6-quart pan, combine polenta and broth. Stir over high heat until mixture boils, then reduce heat and simmer, stirring often, until polenta is smooth to taste, about 15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, rinse fish and pat dry; cut into 4 equal pieces. Sprinkle lightly all over with salt and pepper. Lay salmon skin side up in a lightly oiled 10- by 15-inch pan.
- 3. Broil about 4 inches from heat for 4 minutes. With a wide spatula, turn salmon over and broil until fish is opaque but still moist-looking in center of thickest part (cut to test), 3 to 4 minutes longer.
- 4. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix corn, pimientos, onion, lime juice, and mint.
- 5. Spoon polenta equally onto plates. Add a piece of salmon to each and garnish with corn relish. Add more salt and pepper to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes