- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 2 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 pounds mixed summer squash, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 4 (3/4-inch-thick) frenched pork loin chops
How to Make It
Stir together first 3 ingredients, 1 tsp. salt, and 1/2 tsp. pepper in a small bowl. Cover and chill basil-butter mixture until ready to use (up to 48 hours).
Preheat broiler with oven rack 5 inches from heat. Toss together squash, next 2 ingredients, 1 tsp. salt, and 1/2 tsp. pepper in a large bowl. Spread mixture in a single layer in a jelly-roll pan, and broil 10 to 12 minutes or until tender and lightly browned, stirring every 5 minutes. Transfer to a serving bowl, and stir in 2 Tbsp. basil-butter mixture. Cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
Sprinkle chops with remaining salt and pepper, and place on a wire rack in an aluminum foil-lined jelly-roll pan. Top each chop with a heaping tablespoon of basil-butter mixture. Broil 8 to 10 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted in thickest portion registers 155°. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve pork chops with squash mixture.