- 2 (1-pound) dressed pompano
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 sprig fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Lemon slices
- Rinse fish thoroughly in cold water; pat dry. Rub fish with oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and paprika; place on well-greased rack in a broiler pan. Broil fish 5 to 6 inches from heating element 5 minutes; turn fish, and continue broiling an additional 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Remove fish to a serving platter, and keep warm.
- Combine butter, lemon juice, parsley, remaining salt, and pepper in a small saucepan. Cook over low heat until butter melts, stirring occasionally.
- Pour butter sauce over reserved fish. Garnish with lemon slices, and serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes
Food & Wine