Delicious desert recipe! Broiled the peaches for a few minutes longer than directed so as to get a really nice char on the corners. Also pre toasted the hazelnuts and added them a few minutes before I removed the peaches just to let them warm up. My family loved it, great for the family or as a quick, simple desert for guests.
Broiled Peaches and Hazelnuts with Vanilla Ice Cream
You can also shave the chocolate with a vegetable peeler, if you wish.
Yield: 6 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 187
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 5.7g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 3.9g
- Carbohydrate: 33.7g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.4mg
- Sodium: 30mg
- Calcium: 61mg
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts
- 4 cups peeled sliced peaches (about 1 pound)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups vanilla fat-free ice cream (such as Edy's or Dreyer's)
- 1 ounce bittersweet chocolate, grated
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place hazelnuts on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes, stirring once. Turn nuts out onto a towel. Roll up towel; rub off skins. Chop nuts.
- Preheat broiler.
- Combine hazelnuts, peaches, and sugar in a large bowl, tossing to coat. Arrange peach mixture in a single layer on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray; broil 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.
- Spoon 1/3 cup ice cream into each of 6 bowls; top each serving with 1 cup peach mixture and 2 teaspoons grated chocolate.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Broiled Peaches and Hazelnuts with Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe at a Glance