Really great recipe! Never had oysters before so this was the first recipe I've used and everyone thought they were delicious. Will definitely do this again soon.
Broiled Oysters With Parmesan-Garlic Butter
Prep: 11 minutes; Cook: 7 minutes.
Yield: Makes 2 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 dozen oysters in the shell
- Rock salt
- 1. Combine first 7 ingredients in a small bowl.
- 2. Shuck oysters. Discard the top shell; keep oysters in the deeper bottom shell, and place on a rimmed baking sheet filled to a depth of 1/2 inch with coarse salt. Dollop butter mixture evenly on oysters.
- 3. Broil oysters, 5 inches from heat, 5 to 7 minutes or until the edges of the oysters begin to curl and butter is bubbly.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This