Broiled Oysters with Garlic-Buttered Breadcrumbs
Just three minutes is enough to brown the topping and perfectly cook the delicate oysters.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 4 oysters)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 90
- Fat: 5.1g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 4.6g
- Carbohydrate: 6.4g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Cholesterol: 35mg
- Iron: 4mg
- Sodium: 232mg
- Calcium: 39mg
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 (2-ounce) slice French bread baguette
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 24 shucked oysters
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1. Preheat broiler to high.
- 2. Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add oil and garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, and stir in the lemon juice.
- 3. Place bread in a food processor; pulse 10 times or until coarse crumbs measure 1 cup. Combine breadcrumbs, butter mixture, salt, and pepper; mix well.
- 4. Arrange the oysters on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray; top oysters with breadcrumb mixture. Broil 5 inches from heat for 3 minutes or until breadcrumbs are golden. Sprinkle with parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes