- 6 ounces bread pulled from the interior of a French or Italian loaf, torn into pieces
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup chopped herbs from a "seafood mix" of fresh herbs (chervil, tarragon, chives, parsley)
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 24 shucked oysters in their bottom shells
- Lemon wedges
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 200°. Place bread pieces on a sheet pan; bake 7 minutes to dry out. Transfer bread to the bowl of a food processor, and pulse until coarsely ground.
Preheat broiler with oven rack in center of the oven. Combine breadcrumbs, butter, and next 4 ingredients in a bowl; toss to coat. Top each oyster with 1 1/2 tablespoons bread mixture. Arrange oysters on a jelly-roll pan.
Broil oysters 4 minutes or until golden brown on top. Serve with lemon wedges.