More From Southern Living
Total: 35 Minutes
- 4 dozen medium-size fresh oysters in the shell
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 cups day-old French-bread breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 cups minced green onions
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 8 garlic cloves, pressed
- 8 tablespoons minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1. Shuck oysters, discarding shells, and place oysters in a single layer in a 13- x 9-inch pan. (Pre-shucked oysters work well for this. Reserve 2 Tbsp. oyster liquor.)
- 2. Preheat broiler with oven rack 6 inches from heat. Melt 2 Tbsp. butter with 2 Tbsp. olive oil in a large skillet over low heat; stir in breadcrumbs and next 9 ingredients. Remove from heat.
- 3. Microwave remaining 2 Tbsp. butter and 2 Tbsp. olive oil in a small microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 20 seconds or until butter melts. Stir in reserved oyster liquor.
- 4. Spoon breadcrumb mixture over oysters; drizzle with butter mixture. Broil 5 to 6 minutes or until top is crisp and browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes