Broiled Lamb with Cilantro-Papaya Salsa
Plain couscous pairs well with these succulent Indian-spiced lamb chops. Top the chops with a zesty fruit salsa for extra flavor.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 2 lamb chops and 1/4 cup salsa)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 160
- Calories from fat: 32%
- Fat: 5.6g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 19.7g
- Carbohydrate: 7.2g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 61mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 261mg
- Calcium: 34mg
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 (3-ounce) lamb loin chops, trimmed
- 1 cup diced peeled papaya (about 1 medium)
- 1/2 cup prechopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped jalapeño pepper
- Preheat broiler.
- Combine garam masala, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and black pepper. Rub both sides of lamb chops with garam masala mixture. Arrange lamb in a single layer on a broiler pan; broil 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove from heat; sprinkle lamb with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- While lamb cooks, combine papaya and remaining ingredients; stir well. Serve with lamb.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes