This is a very basic, easy-to-prepare recipe. However, it lacks some of the zip we're used to in a barbecue recipe. Won't make again, but can't disagree with any of the other reviews.
Broiled Herb-Marinated Shrimp Skewers
These skewers are a simple, quick, and fresh-tasting entrée. Shrimp cook fast, making them great for the broiler—but watch the time and keep an eye on them so they don't overcook and dry out.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 285
- Fat: 13.3g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.3g
- Protein: 35.3g
- Carbohydrate: 4.6g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Cholesterol: 259mg
- Iron: 5.2mg
- Sodium: 555mg
- Calcium: 121mg
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 3/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 24 jumbo shrimp (about 1 1/2 pounds), peeled and deveined
- Cooking spray
- 1. Combine first 10 ingredients in a food processor; process until smooth. Place in a bowl; add shrimp, tossing to coat. Marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Preheat broiler to high.
- 3. Remove shrimp from marinade; thread 6 shrimp onto each of 4 (8-inch) wooden skewers. Place skewers on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray; top with any remaining marinade. Broil 5 inches from heat for 2 minutes on each side or until shrimp are done.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note