I made this a few nights ago and it was perfect. Kept some of the juices from the chicken to mix in to the lemon parsley sauce and spooned it over the chicken befor serving. Everyone loved it.
Broiled Herb Chicken With Lemon-Butter Sauce
Broiler-fryers are usually 2 1/2 to 4 lb.; larger chickens, known as roasters, usually weigh 4 to 7 lb.
More From Southern Living
Broil: 25 Minutes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (3- to 3 1/2-lb.) broiler-fryer, cut into pieces
- Lemon-Butter Sauce
- 1. Combine 1 tsp. salt and next 5 ingredients.
- 2. Arrange chicken pieces, skin side down, on a lightly greased rack in an aluminum foil-lined roasting pan. Sprinkle chicken evenly with 2 tsp. salt mixture.
- 3. Broil 7 to 8 inches from heat 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Turn chicken pieces, and sprinkle evenly with remaining salt mixture. Broil 8 to 10 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion of white meat registers 170° and dark meat registers 180°. Serve with Lemon-Butter Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note