Broiled Halibut with Orange- Shallot Butter Sauce
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 529
- Fat: 38g
- Saturated fat: 16g
- Protein: 42g
- Carbohydrate: 5g
- Fiber: 0g
- Cholesterol: 181mg
- Sodium: 497mg
- 1 stick (1/4 lb.) unsalted butter
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 (6- to 8 oz.) halibut or cod fillets
- Half-moon orange slices, for garnish
- Preheat broiler. In a medium saucepan, melt 1 Tbsp. butter over medium heat. Add shallot and 1/2 tsp. salt and cook, stirring, until softened, about 3 minutes. Pour in orange juice and vinegar and bring to a boil. Cook until thick and syrupy, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- On a shallow baking pan, arrange fish, smooth-side down; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 tsp. salt and pepper. Broil for about 6 minutes, until fish is just cooked through. Transfer fish to a platter and keep warm.
- Return reserved orange-shallot mixture to a simmer over medium heat. Gradually add remaining 7 Tbsp. butter, whisking in a little at a time until incorporated and warm, about 5 minutes. Pour the sauce over the fish and serve. Garnish with orange slices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This