- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cucumbers, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded, and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup plain Greek-style yogurt
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 small pita breads
- calories 372
- fat 15 g
- satfat 4 g
- protein 32 g
- carbohydrate 26 g
- fiber 2 g
- cholesterol 76 mg
- sodium 493 mg
How to Make It
Preheat broiler to medium. Place rack 4 inches from heat source. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Combine oil, garlic, lemon zest and 1 tsp. salt in a large ziplock bag. Add chicken, seal, and toss to coat. Set aside while broiler heats. In a medium bowl, mix cucumbers, yogurt and mint; season with salt and pepper.
Thread chicken on 4 metal skewers. Place skewers on baking sheet and broil, turning once, until chicken is cooked through, 12 to 15 minutes total.
Serve chicken skewers with cucumber mixture, cherry tomatoes and pitas on the side.