Just fixed this for my family tonight and they LOVED IT!! Our first time eating eggplant. Delicious
Broiled Eggplant Parmesan
Photo: Ryan Benyi; Styling: Lynn Miller
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 266
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 7g
- Protein: 18g
- Carbohydrate: 26g
- Fiber: 9g
- Cholesterol: 29mg
- Sodium: 1125mg
- 1 15-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 2 medium eggplant (about 2 lb.), ends trimmed, cut into 1/3-inch-thick slices
- Salt and pepper
- 6 ounces part-skim mozzarella, shredded
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/3 cup Italian-seasoned bread crumbs
- 1. Preheat broiler to high; place a rack about 8 inches from heat source. Line a rimmed baking sheet with heavy-duty aluminum foil and mist with cooking spray. Drain tomatoes, discarding liquid. Puree tomatoes in a blender or food processor. Set aside.
- 2. Mist eggplant slices lightly on both sides with cooking spray, sprinkle with salt and pepper and arrange in a single layer on lined baking sheet. Broil eggplant until golden brown, turning once, 10 to 12 minutes total.
- 3. Remove baking sheet from oven. Spoon some tomato puree over each slice, sprinkle with both cheeses, and top with bread crumbs. Return to oven and broil until cheese is melted and bread crumbs are toasted, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This