Broiled Chicken Sandwich with Fresh Salsa
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Southern Living
Amount per serving
- Calories: 245
- Fat: 3.5g
- Cholesterol: 67mg
- Sodium: 608mg
- 4 (4-ounce) skinned and boned chicken breast halves
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 4 Red Leaf lettuce leaves
- 8 (3/4-ounce) slices reduced-calorie whole wheat bread, toasted
- Fresh Salsa, drained
- Place chicken between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap, and flatten to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Stir together garlic and next 4 ingredients. Rub mixture on chicken. Place in a shallow dish or heavy-duty plastic bag; cover or seal, and chill 3 hours.
- Place chicken on a rack coated with cooking spray in a broiler pan.
- Broil 5 1/2 inches from heat (with electric oven door partially open) 5 minutes on each side or until done. Place lettuce leaves on half of bread slices; top with chicken. Spoon 1/4 cup Fresh Salsa over each chicken breast; top with remaining bread slices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches