Yield: 4 servings
- 4 (3/4-pound) dressed catfish, butterflied
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Lemon slices
- Fresh parsley sprigs (optional)
- Rinse fish thoroughly in cold water; pat dry, and set aside.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan; stir in chopped parsley, and set aside.
- Combine flour, salt, and pepper; dredge fish in flour mixture. Place fish on rack in a shallow broiling pan. Spoon half of butter mixture over fish.
- Broil 4 inches from heating element 5 minutes. Remove from heat; using a spatula, carefully turn fish. Baste with remaining butter mixture; continue broiling an additional 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Serve immediately with lemon slices. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes