Broiled Buffalo Wings
This is a recipe from Ellie Krieger's "Comfort Food Fix: Feel Good Foods Made Healthy"
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 pound(s) Chicken wings, split at the joints
- 1/2 cup(s) Cayenne pepper sauce (Franks Red Hot)
- 1 tablespoon(s) Fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoon(s) Low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 Large ribs celery, cut into sticks
- Blue Cheese Dip
- 1/4 cup(s) Plain Greek style non-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoon(s) mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon(s) white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup(s) Crumbled reduced fat blue cheese
- Preheat the broiler. Place the wings in a large pot and fill the pot with water to cover by about 2 inches. Bring to a boil, then continue to boil for 10 minutes. Drain.
- For the dip:
- In a small bowl, stir together the yogurt, mayonnaise, vinegar, and blue cheese. Mash any very large chunks of blue cheese with the back of a spoon to integrate the cheese into the dip. Make the dip up to 3 days in advance and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Allow to come to room temperature before serving.
- For the wings:
- In a small bowl, combine the cayenne pepper sauce, lemon juice, and broth. Reserve.
- Transfer the wings to a broiler pan and broil 5-6 inches from the flame, until the skin begins to blister and brown, 5-6 minutes. Turn the wings over and broil 4-5 more minutes more.
- Transfer the wings to a baking sheet, drizzle with the reserved sauce and toss well to coat. Place the baking sheet under the broiler for 1 minute to heat the wings and sauce together.
- Serve with the extra hot sauce on the side, celery sticks and blue cheese dip.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MaryannWimberly and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Broiled Buffalo Wings Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers