- 4 (3/4-pound) dressed freshwater bass
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Fresh parsley sprigs
- Lemon slices
How to Make It
Rinse fish thoroughly; pat dry. Combine 1 tablespoon butter, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; rub over fish.
Arrange fish on rack in a shallow roasting pan; broil 4 inches from heating element 5 minutes. Turn fish, and broil 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
Remove fish to a serving platter; brush with 2 tablespoons butter. Season with remaining salt, red pepper, chopped parsley, and lemon juice. Garnish with parsley and lemon. Serve warm.