I love all the ingredients in this recipe but didn't like the combination. I tried it warm (the first night) and chilled (as left-overs the next day). I thought it was odd tasting as the flavors didn't meld together. I rarely throw away food but this was a little repulsive to me! So I have deleted the recipe from my files.
Broccoli With Orange Sauce
More From Southern Living
Amount per serving
- Calories: 110
- Calories from fat: 12%
- Fat: 1.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 5.7g
- Carbohydrate: 22.8g
- Fiber: 5.8g
- Cholesterol: 3.6mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 161mg
- Calcium: 147mg
- 2 oranges
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 teaspoon butter or margarine
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 (8-ounce) container low-fat lemon yogurt
- Grate 1 orange to equal 1 teaspoon grated rind; set aside. Peel and section oranges, removing seeds; set aside.
- Place broccoli florets in a steamer basket over boiling water, and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Melt butter in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add onion and ginger, and sauté until tender. Remove from heat.
- Toss together broccoli florets, onion mixture, 1 teaspoon orange rind, and orange sections in a large bowl. Stir in yogurt. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables