Broccoli With Hollandaise Sauce
- 2 (1-pound) bunches fresh broccoli
- 6 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened and divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pimiento strips (optional)
- Trim off large leaves of broccoli. Remove stalks; separate into flowerets, and wash thoroughly. Cook flowerets, covered, in a small amount of boiling water 8 to 10 minutes or until tender. Drain well, and place in a serving bowl. Set aside.
- Combine egg yolks and one-third of butter in top of double boiler. Bring water to a boil (water in bottom of double boiler should not touch top pan). Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring constantly, until butter melts. Add second third of butter; stir constantly until butter begins to melt. Add the remaining butter, stirring constantly until melted.
- Remove pan from water, and stir rapidly for 2 minutes. Stir in lemon juice, 1 teaspoon at a time; add salt. Place on top of double boiler over low heat. Cook, stirring constantly, 2 to 3 minutes or until smooth and thickened. Immediately remove from heat. Spoon sauce over broccoli, and garnish with pimiento strips, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables