Broccoli with Browned Butter and Breadcrumbs
Look for panko breadcrumbs in the Asian section of large supermarkets or in Asian markets. They're ideal for an extra-crunchy topping for the broccoli.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 101
- Fat: 6.3g
- Saturated fat: 3.7g
- Protein: 4.1g
- Carbohydrate: 9.4g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Iron: 1.0mg
- Sodium: 202mg
- Calories from fat: 56%
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Calcium: 57mg
- 1 (12-ounce) package fresh broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup panko (Japanese) breadcrumbs or fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt or
- 1/8 teaspoon table salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Dash of ground red pepper
- Steam broccoli, covered, 4 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- . While broccoli steams, place breadcrumbs in a large skillet; cook over medium heat 3 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring frequently. Remove from skillet, and set aside.
- . Add butter to skillet, and cook over medium heat 1 to 2 minutes or until butter is lightly browned, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- . Drain broccoli. Add broccoli, salt, and peppers to skillet, tossing to coat broccoli with butter. Place in a serving bowl; sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note