Community Recipe from
- 1 cheese cut
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pastry for double-crust pie
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon whipping cream
- Place broccoli in a steamer basket over 1 in. of boiling water in a saucepan. Cover and steam for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Rinse in cold water; drain well. In a bowl, combine the broccoli, cheese, onions, parsley, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- On a floured surface, roll out the pastry; cut each in half. Place 1-1/2 cups of the filling on one side of each half; flatten filling with a spoon. Combine the egg and cream; brush some over pastry edges. Fold pastry over filling. Seal edges and prick tops with a fork. Place on a baking sheet; brush with remaining egg mixture.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by karolee and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Broccoli Turnovers Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers