Broccoli Tortellini Salad
This tried-and-true salad is simple to toss together and convenient since you make it ahead. From May Sisk: Hazlet, New Jersey. Serving Accompaniments: Deli Vegetable Roll-Ups and Fudgy Saucepan Brownies. Recipe published in Country Woman March/April 2000.
Refrigerate: 2 Hours
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 16-ounce package(s) frozen cheese tortellini
- 2 cup(s) julienned carrots
- 3 1/2 cup(s) broccoli florets
- 1 to 2 tablespoon(s) chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup(s) olive oil
- 3 tablespoon(s) cider or red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoon(s) minced fresh parsley
- 4 1/2 teaspoon(s) Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon(s) minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon(s) minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 to 1-1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Rinse in cold water; drain. Place carrots in a steamer basket over 1 in of boiling water in a saucepan. Cover and steam for 3-4 minutes. Add broccoli; steam 4-5 minutes longer or until crisp-tender. Rinse in cold water; drain. In a large bowl, combine tortellini, carrots, broccoli and onions. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine dressing ingredients; shake well. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note