I thought these were low calorie recipes? I'm not finding where it says how many calories the recipe is...? It says 242 per serving...but how much is the serving? ...it's probably very little. that's how they get you. A recipe like this would probably be a lot more calories for a decent serving size you should be having.
Broccoli and Three-Cheese Casserole
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 242
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 7.6g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 16.3g
- Carbohydrate: 27.8g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Iron: 2.2mg
- Sodium: 613mg
- Calcium: 259mg
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 6 tablespoons (1 1/2 ounces) freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried fines herbes
- 3 egg whites
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded fontina cheese
- 4 cups coarsely chopped broccoli florets (about 1 bunch)
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) reduced-fat shredded extrasharp cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 3/4 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (1-ounce) slices firm white bread
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine the rice, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, 1/4 teaspoon salt, fines herbes, and egg whites. Press mixture into an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle fontina evenly over rice mixture. Set aside.
- Cook broccoli in boiling water for 4 minutes or until tender; drain well.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add onion; cook 4 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in broccoli. Spoon broccoli mixture evenly over rice mixture. Top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Combine egg substitute, milk, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper in a small bowl; stir well with a whisk. Pour egg mixture over broccoli mixture.
- Place bread in a food processor; pulse 10 times or until coarse crumbs measure 1 1/4 cups. Combine breadcrumbs and the remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture evenly over broccoli. Bake at 400° for 23 minutes or until set.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch