- 4 slices bacon
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 cups cheese cracker crumbs (such as Cheez-It, about 1/2 of a 13.7-oz. box)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp Cheddar
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh chopped thyme
- calories 419
- fat 30 g
- satfat 15 g
- protein 15 g
- carbohydrate 25 g
- fiber 2 g
- cholesterol 68 mg
- sodium 743 mg
How to Make It
Cook bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat until crisp; drain on paper towels. Reserve 2 Tbsp. fat in skillet; discard remaining fat. Crumble bacon. Sauté onion in skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add garlic; sauté until onion is tender, about 5 minutes more. Remove from heat.
Preheat oven to 375ºF. Line a baking sheet with foil. Gently mix cracker crumbs, butter and 1/2 cup hot water. Mist a 9-inch tart pan with cooking spray; place on baking sheet. Press crumb mixture into pan.
Sprinkle bacon over crust. Combine cheeses; spread 1/2 cup over bacon. Spread onion mixture and broccoli on top. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Whisk milk, mustard, flour and thyme; pour on top.
Bake until tart is golden, 30 to 35 minutes. Let stand for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.