I used sour cream in lieu of creme fraiche, shredded Italian cheese blend in lieu of parm, omitted the butter dots, and cooked this in a 13x9 dish to serve as a side to baked chicken. It was great, and I'll definitely make it again. I'd even make it for a potluck or a special dinner. Consistency of mashed potatoes, and seems like it would be versatile enough to experiment with.
- 2 pounds fresh broccoli
- Crème Fraîche
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- Remove and discard large leaves and tough ends of stalks from broccoli. Cut away tops, and coarsely chop. Peel and coarsely chop stems.
- Cook broccoli in boiling, salted water to cover 8 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- Process cooked broccoli and Crème Fraîche in a food processor or blender until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides.
- Stir together broccoli mixture, cheese, and next 4 ingredients. Pour mixture into a lightly greased 2-quart baking dish. Dot with butter.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve casserole immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This